December 19, 2006

"Drat!"

I recently ran into friend of mine at walmart. Her daughter was standing in the shopping cart while they were waiting in line to return an item. The little girl couldn't have remembered who I was, considering that I hadn't seen her since she was 1 and 1/2 years old. Yet without an ounce of shyness in her she immediately started telling me everything. The first of she said so excited that she was grinning from ear to ear as she attempted to pick up the gallon of chocolate milk in the cart. She had to show me that her dad was going to buy her it, and it was "her favorite". A few minutes of her chatting about preschool and her new baby sister, it came to how she met Santa Claus. (Hey it is christmas, I should be able to make more than one post about Santa.)

They had gone to a neighborhood party. Santa had shown up with his pack on his back. The kids were excited to get there gifts from Santa and to sit on his lap. This little girl told me that she waited for Santa and when it was her turn she sat on his lap and told him that she wanted a dora cash register. He then gave her a gift. She opened it up to find a barbie. A BARBIE, at which point she started to bawl, Santa didn't get her what she wanted! At the end of her story she said, " But then Mom told me that he doesn't bring those gifts until Christmas, so it is ok."

I just think kids have gotten smarter. KC's nephew also sat on Santa's lap this week end and told him that he wanted a shopping cart (ok, so even though kids are smarter they also like to pretend to shop, I thought shopping carts and cash register toys were only popular in the late 80's?) . Santa gave KC's nephew a box that was about a foot long and 3 inches wide. He unwrapped the gift frantically, then looked at it to only find a set of match box cars. He then sulked, put his hands on his forhead and exclaimed, "drat!" His dad asked what the matter was and he said, "this isn't a shopping cart!"

I never remember questioning what gifts Santa gave me when I sat on his lap. Maybe I just knew that Santa would come through. I think it is funny that the 2 kids I talked to about Santa both didn't receive what they wanted. And even more I love that he used the word "Drat".

_________________________________________________________

Also, I am totally stumped on what I am getting from KC for Christmas. Last night he said that he bought 3 gifts at toys r us. HUH? What do I want from toys r us? I would think he was just fooling me but I saw the bag. He is so good at this present giving stuff. Me on the other hand have told him that he is getting Electroplankton, March of the Minis, Bomberman, and Old Navy Clothes. I guess the "no" theory didn't work as well as I hoped it would. It sure is a good thing he is going to Texas for 4 days, or I might spill what else he is getting. Plus KC told me how much he spent on Christmas. I spent just a "tad" more than him. I might be in trouble, he hates it when I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!