December 09, 2008
Forgive me for missing a day, but...
So I missed a day, I never said that I was going to be perfect with this. When we used to miss a day on the advent calendar as kids, it just meant we got two candies the next day when we marked off the calendar. It's just too bad that missing a day as an adult only means that you probably worked 10 hours and couldn't get around to it. The only reason we missed it as kids was because we were too busy having fun.
Anyway, Kristin posted a fun Christmas questionnaire on her blog and asked us to do the same. So here goes:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure. Opening a gift bag just isn't as fun. Plus I think wrapping paper is so cute, so I try to wrap everything I give too.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial tree. I would worry too much about burning down the house with a real tree. And plus my friends that had them growing up always had to vacuum so much.
3. When do you put up the tree? If it were up to me I would put it up November 1. And I had roommates that were on board with this, so it has been done. But I have a feeling that when KC and I get our first tree we will have to wait until thanksgiving is over :(
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day. I would keep it up longer, but then that would make me the weird-o that decorates a tree for Valentine's day. And I don't want to be that.
5. Do you like eggnog? I haven't had it since I was a kid. And I didn't like it then. And since there are so many calories in it, why pick up another treat to make me fat? So I avoid trying it now.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mall Madness. That game was awesome. It probably started my love for shopping and spending moeny, so I don't suggest giving it to your kid. But it was a good game.
7. Hardest person to buy for? KC's dad. He doesn't want you to spend money. And then when you say you are going to anyway, you run into the trouble of how to buy for a man that doesn't want anything besides another porsche. And homemade gifts don't work either because when he gives you an Ipod or something else expensive you feel outdone.
8. Easiest person to buy for? KC. I am so lucky.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I don't have anywhere to put one. (Please don't use that as a symbol of representation as how I live my life...)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? KC thinks these are cheesy, but I like them. One day, one day...not the kind that has a brag letter, but the kind that just has a picture and a nice greeting. I prefer getting snail mail cards, but I totally understand that email cards are cheaper. And that is why I would probably do email.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably cupcakes...which is what we called bras growing up. This was because we were embarrassed to say bra. And thus we were also embarrassed to open our yearly cupcake (from an actual cupcake sleeve tin) in front of everyone else. But it was tradition to get a new one every year (which is sick that we only got new bras at christmas). Now I would love to get new bras as a gift, but I don't think they would fit in the cupcake tin anymore.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Preacher's Wife. It is such a feel good movie. Not to mention that Denzel Washington stars in it...that helps.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid November. But the earlier I start shopping the more I spend. So I have tried to push it back until after thanksgiving for my wallets sake.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Uh, I totally agree with Krick. Fondue! It is a Christmas ever tradition and a delicious one at that.
16. Lights on the tree? Ya, who doesn't put lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas songs? Baby, It's Cold Outside. O Holy Night. All I want for Christmas is You. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. The list goes on...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I used to love to stay at home, but now I am so excited to travel...
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Ya, I think so. I haven't done it for a while.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. My mom used to have an angel and it was creepy. Stars can't be creepy.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. But its fun to have one present on Christmas eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Little Drummer Boy.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love silver on Christmas trees, the shine against the lights is beautiful.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't remember Christmas dinner's very well. But the fondue on Christmas eve is where it counts.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To go home and have a wonderful time with family.