July 08, 2012

You Spin Me Right Round

[Dead or Alive]

Wow! Did you know that cyclists are hot? 

Where have I been?

Seriously missing out is where.

Well, as of yesterday I am now clued in. I got the opportunity to volunteer with Triology at the Porcupine Pub & Grill Big Cottonwood Hill Climb. Not only was it insane to watch this event as a newbie cyclist, but cycling shorts are not a bad thing. Not bad at all. At all. 

It was the first athletic event I've volunteered at and I highly recommend volunteering or at least spectating at an event you are wanting to get into or are new to. I learned a lot from the other volunteers and the bikers. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. Plus it's always good to be on the non-racing side of the rope for once.

Anyhow, I think I've penciled in myself to participate in this race in the future. 

It was one of those races that I looked at and said, "I couldn't ever do that." Which makes me say, "I'm gonna keep working until I can do that."

Here is what the participants faced:


Average grade: about 7.8%
Distance: 14.70 miles
Total Elevation Gain: 4584 feet


And the pro winner came in at just under 1 hour. Un-believ-able!

I can't even fathom.

I average about 14 mph during my rides. The highest of these I ascended a whopping 620 ft. Holla!

Seriously...THAT speed on a continual climb for 15 miles. It blows my mind. But, I love a good challenge and am always looking for the next thing to do to challenge myself. 

It was awe inspiring to watch these guys FLY into the finish. 

I can't wait to be a better biker. I'm workin' on it. And the more I do the more I am getting addicted. 

It's a pretty sweet sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!