November 25, 2007

Black Friday Sales 3rd Annual Event

This year the gang (Kase, Hilz, Derek, Dano, Kels, Amanda, and I) decided to stay up all night on Thanksgiving. This was due to that last year they designated me as the individual to set an alarm and get everyone up. I guess they realized after I pushed the snooze button 5 times and we showed up at the sales 10 minutes too late, that it was best to just not go to sleep this year. In fact, Kase and I started our shopping at 9pm on Thanksgiving day in hopes of tracking down the new video game, Rockband. After waiting in line for an hour to get inside the local CompUSA we were informed they only had gotten 3 in stock and those had already been sold. After this we went home and met the rest of the crew. Kase, Dano, and Derek immediately set up for their LAN party...for those of you who don't know what this entails, it is a geeky party where you hook up multiple gaming consoles ( in this case xbox 360s) and play online against each other. If you would have seen the two large screen HD tv's and the three boys you would understand how nerdy this is. Next year I will need to take a picture.

Meanwhile....us four girls headed over to the mall which opened at midnight. We were excited to get an early start on shopping. Oh and we were hopeful this would keep us from sleeping in. We found a few good items, but it wasn't what we expected. So we went home at 2:30 got the boys and headed over to Circuit City. Once we got in line we found out that the store didn't open until 5. I told everyone that it had opened at 4, this was worse than the snooze button mistake. I have a feeling next year they will be telling me what time we have to get there. Anyway, after 2 hours of freezing, fighting off line cutters, and a grippy hilary...we got inside, purchased $300 of television seasons and we were happy. The next stop was target, then McD's, dropped KC at home, Kohls, 3 hours of waiting to get fabric cut at Joanns, Michaels, and home. I didn't get sleep for over 30 hours, but I have to say it was the best Black Friday I have had thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!