November 01, 2007

Driven

We are in week 11 of the semester. Only 5 more weeks left before finals and the pressure is starting to rise. I have enjoyed my first 11 weeks at the University of Utah. Already in 11 weeks I feel that I have gotten smarter than the entire 4 years it took me to get through Salt Lake Community College. That was a waste of time, just like high school. But I am overwhelmed. Now that work wants me to cut back on doing homework, I feel more pressure than I ever have in my life. Now I am starting to know a little more about working full time and going to school full time. Before work equaled study time, and I am missing that. And once I move on from this job, the pressure will intensify once more. Hopefully life will reward me for all of this hard work.

I continue to tell KC that right now is impossible. I have to lie to myself everyday by saying that I can totally do this. Of course I am fooling myself when I say this. I don't really think I can do it. But somehow at the end of the day I look back and was like , "I actually did". And this process will continue for another year and a half, and maybe some more. But it really amazes me as to what we put ourselves through. I mean I leave the house at 6am to workout, get ready at the gym, go to work, go to school, and come 10pm I finally get home. At which time I put new clothes in the gym bag, repack my backpack, pack a lunch, and go to sleep. Repeat. And this isn't just me I see a entire classroom of students that do this everyday along with me. So this post is to remind us all that we have a drive that can make us do anything we want to. I really believe that.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!