December 30, 2012

Under Pressure

[Queen]

I got up this morning, still ill, but with the intention of squeezing out that final 3.46 mile run.

After falling asleep on the couch while watching Selena, I did eventually get to the gym...around noon.

I ran it slowly. But, I did it.

And I've paid for it the remainder of the day. [Cough, Cough]

But, I did it.

750 miles in 2012.


That is actually less than I did in 2011. But this time, I cut out 2/3rds of my runs for swimming and biking. So it was a much harder feat to accomplish this goal. I knew going into it, that it would be difficult. I feel good finishing it out. Even if it was 750 no more, no less. 

Purchased my watch in April. Was injured in Nov/Dec.
I am missing 3 runs, that I didn't get on my watch.
I think, however, looking back the biggest accomplishment was that I kept my IT band in check. I am still rolling my leg out before (and after) each of my runs. It's made a world of difference.

Now onto January (and a new goal)...the month I dread the gym more than any other month. Ugh, New Year's resolutioners. Taking my equipment. Curse you.

PS - I looked up the mileage equivalent of 102,150m. I swam 63.4731 miles. I like counting in meters. Sounds more impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!