July 02, 2008

In the Summertime

Summer is definitely present now. I was really getting worried at the beginning of June when it was snowing. But now that the sun is out to stay and the heat is turned to unbearable, the summer festivities can start. And they have.

Friday I joined up with my siblings and some of the spouses for dinner at a new joint in town, Five Guys Burger and Fries. As a hamburger lover, I have to say that it was just okay. It was definitely no in-n-out. But I would go again. After dinner, Joff, Basil, Kristin, Randy, Asher, KC, and I attended the Salt Lake Art Festival. It cost us $10 to get in, which I wasn't happy about. I am not a huge art fan. But after about 15 minutes the ticket price was all worth it. A booth gave us a great idea for our wedding decorations using our junk yard photos...you will have come to see what they are. And the night ended with Basil getting his first slurpee (and loving it), and watching the Bucket List.

Saturday morning, Kristin, my mom and I went for a early run and then spent a couple hours in my moms garage-sale-bought-above-the-ground-kinda-white-trash pool. And to make things worse we played mom ball. In which my mom layed on a inflatable lounger and then we tossed her between the two of us. You gotta love my mom. She is a blast! And Ozzy got in a bit of a swim before taking a long nap in the shade. He was adorable, just look...



And too keep the summer fun going we had a family bbq at my mom's place last night to welcome my cousin, Mia, and her husband, Joel, to town. I believe I had only met Mia once before, but the great thing about my family is that you would have never guessed that was the case. We all chatted and ate and enjoyed a great evening with each other.


(From L to R: Nate, Malia, Mia, Gen, Aunt Vicki, Kristin, Kent, Jonathan, Aunt Di, Uncle Keith, Kylie. And down in front with the babies: Becki w/Victoria, Mom w/Ozzy.)

Last words, it is July 2nd. I only have 17 more days left of single life. And I can't wait for it to be over!

4 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! Its too hot here in NC to really enjoy the summer. Bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. its funny that i left before you guys had the arts festival fun, and i left the bbq before you guys took family pictures!!

    what's the problem here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, Ozzy is just the cutest little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's katie... I love that you said that you can't wait for single life to be over... you are having a super fun summer!

    ReplyDelete

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!