October 31, 2011

Provo Halloween Half-Marathon


I always make these race posts too long. So I'm attempting to sum it up quickly for you. Your welcome.

10 - weeks of training

3 - # of injuries (IT band injury on right knee, Patella injury on left knee, pinched nerve in right Quad)

1 - new knee brace

1 - new foam roller

1 - new ice pack

2:05:55 - my 1st half-marathon finishing time; Hartford Half-Marathon.

2:08:58 - my 2nd half - marathon finishing time; Olesak Lumber Half-Marathon.

2 - my goal for a half-marathon in hours

0 - chance I thought I had in actually meeting that goal during this half-marathon

1 - awesomely difficult training program: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/inter.htm

0 - times I had done organized speedwork before starting this training

3 - running indians (mom: dances with twinkies; krick - pooping dawg; me - runs with fear)

4:45 - time in the morning we had to get up to be at the race

28 - degrees in provo canyon

4 - hours of sleep

1:55:36 - time I finished my 3rd half-marathon

8:47 - minutes per mile

112 - Division placement: Female, Age 25-29. Out of 448. That's top 25%!


13.1 - distance of the race
My watch was calibrated incorrectly. So it's showing 12.43, but it was 13.1.
I think it the watch being off actually helped me push myself harder.

1 - Sweet Medal




1 - more race this year (maybe 2)...only a 5k though. Phew!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!