November 23, 2012

Omigod You Guys

[Legally Blonde: The Broadway Musical]

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, yes. More importantly it was the annual Cottonwood Heights Thanksgiving Day 5k race. This is a special race to me as it was MY inaugural race. This year was  particularly special as it marked my 10th year of racing.

It was a decade ago that my mom and I trained the 5k together. We ran it in around 39 minutes.

When I race I always have a goal in mind. For this year, I wanted to PR in the 5k distance.  I figured it is a good way to show how far I've come over the years of investing my time into training and racing.

After finishing, I may have not placed amongst the award finishers. Luckily, though, the reason I like running best is because it's first and foremost a competition against yourself. In this realm, I took 1st at a time of 22' 44''. Beating my personal record in the 5k AND in the 1 mile (putting me at 7'17'', 5 seconds better).




This has been a good month for my speed performance. I've PRed in the 1 mile, 1k, 5k, 10k, and half-marathon.

I'm experiencing runner's high right now. Just at the right time...marathon training starts back up for me Monday. I love this sport. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to impress! What marathon are you signed up for? I sure do miss running, I ran to my car this evening and all that I felt was my hip writhing in pain. The joys of pregnancy. Can't wait to get back out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am shooting to run the Vermont Marathon with one of my Mass friends. The race is in May of next year. Just let me know when you are ready for the big race and I'll be on board.

      PS - Congrats on the house. Can't wait to see it. Let us know when you need help with the move.

      Delete

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!