July 21, 2011

10% Inspiration, 90% Perspiration

 ...Or is it the other way around?





This week I've been trying to keep my attitude positive and my fears suppressed. I know quotes are cheesy. And I am kind of embarrassed to have a list of them on my blog. But right now, I am having to draw from other people's inspiration, as mine is starting to get squashed by nerves.


If you are a runner, you'll probably relate. If you are not, you'll probably think I am nuts. That's if you don't already.


So here's what's keeping me focused and lighthearted:

Focus:

"Training for a marathon is an act of faith.  Actually running the  marathon is an act of courage.  With faith and courage, ordinary humans can accomplish great things!" - Randy Essex

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever" - unknown

"For all of us, the miracle isn’t that we finished, the miracle is that we have the courage to start." - John Bingham

"Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit." - Dan Gable

"Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green

"I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart." - Mike Fanelli

"If you want to run, run a mile.  If you want to experience another life, run a marathon." - Emil Zatopek

"Completing a marathon is a feeling that you can’t buy.  You have to earn it.  The experience is what you make of it.  The camaraderie is awesome." - Dan Morihiko

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau, '80 Boston Marathon champ

"The key to running a good marathon is to not listen to anyone’s advice the last week before the race. That's when people tend to do stupid things that disrupt all the input and training of the previous months." - Don Kardong

"Make your last thought before the start of a marathon: 'If I'm not worried that I'm running a little too slow in the first half, then I'm probably running too fast." - Jim Fortner

"There will be days you don't think you can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime of knowing you have." - unknown

"For all of us, the miracle isn’t that we finished, the miracle is that we have the courage to start." - John Bingham

"At mile 20 I thought I was dead. At mile 22 I wished I were dead. At mile 24 I knew I was dead. At mile 26.2 I realized I had become to tough to kill." - unknown

"26.2 Because I Can" - unknown

"I run because it moves me, because it balances me, because it humbles me, because it strengthens me, and because it's in me." - unknown

"The woman who starts the race is not the same woman that finishes the race" - unknown

"Attitude is stronger than facts" - unknown

Keep it light:

"My sport is your sport's punishment." - unknown

"Any idiot can run. It takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon." - unknown

"I run, therefore I ache." - unknown

"The faster you run. The sooner you're done." - unknown

"While running, it is rude to count the people you pass out loud." - unknown

"Even if you're falling on your face, you're still moving forward." - unknown

"A little hustle will build muscle" - unknown

"A marathon is just a 10K with a 20 mile warm-up." - unknown

"Free your mind and your ass will follow" Funkadelic

"Marathon runners like it long and hard." - unknown

"Marathoners pound it for hours" - unknown

"Marathon runners go all the way" - unknown

"Pain is temporary, but your finishing time posted on the internet is forever" - unknown

"It's funner with a runner!" - unknown

"Pain is just weakness leaving your body" - US Marines

"It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse." - Ann Trason

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!