April 20, 2012

Run for Your Life

[Beatles]

I've been reminiscent lately. And seriously, running is the best place for thinking about memories. So it only makes sense to have my half-marathon mix right now as a soundtrack of life.

These songs all have a place in my life and bring up memories. The lyrics aren't necessarily a reflection of my life. It's simply about the feeling I get when I listen to this music.

Mile 1: Trix are for kids 
[Songs from my childhood]
Me @ probably age 3 or 4

Mile 2: Sing into a Hair Brush
[Girly songs from my Junior High years]
Scary Spice
Halloween 1999

Mile 3: Boy Bands
[Do I really need to explain this? Justin Timberlake, AJ, Jacob Underwood...a teenage girl's dream!]

My 1st Concert = NSync
Larger than Life
Bye, Bye, Bye
Liquid Dreams

Mile 4: Oh, Ricky!
[Just read this]

So glad I found a full photo of the cardboard cutout.
Ha.
Livin' La Vida Loca


Mile 5: Good Times
[High School Summers with my girlfriends] 
Graduation '02

Mile 6: Being Pissed
[Songs for getting through your parent's divorce]


Mile 7: Dances and Dating
[Songs from...self-explanatory]


Mile 8: Starting to Run
[Songs you'd see on my minidisc player early on]

Cottonwood Height Turkey Trot

Mile 9: Falling in Love
[Songs KC and I listened to while dating]

Ah...the photobooth.

Mile 10: Getting Married
[Songs from our wedding]

July 19, 2008
All You Need is Love
Here Comes the Sun

Mile 11: Broadway
[Seeing my first broadway show on our Honeymoon, followed by many more]

Wicked NYC
Popular

Mile 12: The Bay State
[Living in Massachusetts]

Red Sox Game
Down with OPP
Sweet Caroline[Can't do it...not a Neil Diamond fan]

Mile 13: Killing this race
[Here and now]

SLC Half Marathon T-Shirt
The Edge of Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment

MizunoUSA.com! Never Settle! Shop Mizuno Team Sports! Baseball, Softball, Vollyball! Free Shipping on Orders of $100 - USE CODE: MIZUNO888!