I am still cleaning the dirt out from under my finger nails.
Last fall when Krick and I ran the Dirty Dash, we got muddy.
But, yesterday was a whole different story. We got MUDDY! Filthy dirty!
See I went to the Utah Spring Dirty Dash with this crazy bunch of kids...
|Brooke, Ethan, Darren, KC, and Me|
|KC and Me|
Ethan, Darren, and KC were friends in High School. Brooke and I were friends in High School. And we all went to High School together. So we all go way back...10 years if you can believe it.
I love this group.
Brooke started running this year, so I suggested that we get the group together for the Dirty Dash. Unfortunately, the entire group couldn't make it. We missed having Cam, Katie, James, and Betty around, but I am SOOOOO glad we still went regardless.
The course this year had 20 obstacles. I think last year had 6-8. So it was packed full of muddy fun. We gave our energy to the obstacles and opted to jog/walk most of the course, since not the entire group was runners. Fine by me.
Let's see. Bullet points of the day:
- Darren didn't show up in a thong, as promised. So bummed out about that!
- If there is soda at a water station, skip it. None of us bode well from that choice.
- This group never fails to surprise me at the number of taboo conversations that can be discussed amongst friends. Just when I thought I knew it all...
- We need to find Darren a wife. He's a pretty chill guy. Anyone know a girl into 28 year old mormon red-heads. He'll spoil her with fantastic jewelry produced by his very own self. I mean look at the awesome necklace he gave me:
|Thank you, Darren!|
- We all got in mud fights. Ethan and Brooke, KC and I, Darren and KC, Darren and Ethan, Ethan and Me, Brooke and Darren...and so on. It was a mess up in thurr... [Sorry, again, about the mud in the ear, Ethan.]
- We all fell...like full on face plant....at one point or another. Me, it was off a haystack. Totally caught my foot and smacked right into the group.
- At about mile 3.5 we had to go waist deep into a cold, muddy river. The guys all screamed [relating to George Castanza]. But one guy in particular shrieked, "Ah, my giblets!" For which I am still giggling...
- Rather than trudge through the lake, they brought it closer to shore. But, something..don't know what...but something was smelling rank. Think chemical. Think perm solution. I saw both KC and Brooke gag. Funny, but it was putrid.
- The slide was great. Who doesn't love a wetslide? But, I expected a full pool of mud at the end [like last year]. But it was just ground. And yep, I hit my tailbone so hard. I may, or may not, but definitely AM feeling it in my back today. But, I think my picture, taken moments before, is going to look sa-weet!
- The final mud pits, Brooke and I got in a mud wrestling fight at the request of our husbands. I lost my glasses and only Darren caught it. Since Ethan and KC were high fiving over KC's cannonball...what a waste?!
- I got a ticket. KC forgot to register his car...urggg...
- I love my Dirty Dash shirt...and now I have two. I love the navy blue and this year's slogan.
Muddy, Dirty, and Happy...our AFTER shots....
|Darren, Me, KC, Ethan, and Brooke|
|Me and KC|
It was a great day.
It's good to have such awesome and fun friends!